With the help of a series of removable, clear aligners, Invisalign Miami Beach can correct minor bite issues, crowding, gaps, and tooth alignment issues. As an alternative to conventional metal braces, these bendable plastic aligner trays are also known as trays. To progressively realign your teeth, they fit tightly over them. The aligners are worn constantly, except when you eat, drink, or brush your teeth.
According to orthodontist North Miami, children, teenagers, and adults can choose Invisalign aligners. Still, they mainly link orthodontic procedures to people who had braces when they were young. However, they didn't use a removable or permanent retainer to prevent their teeth from moving. You'll need to wear your retainer after braces or Invisalign treatment to preserve your new, improved smile, just like with metal braces.
How long do Invisalign clear aligners take?
The Invisalign therapy time might take anywhere between 6 and 18 months, depending on how severe the problem is. Some people experience Invisalign North Miami Beach results in as little as two weeks, while others may need up to six months. Most patients become self-conscious of their teeth and movements once they use Invisalign, and many say they can notice changes immediately.
What are the major pros and cons of Invisalign?
Pros of Invisalign
- The Invisalign aligners are less noticeable than traditional metal braces, and the entire treatment usually takes less time.
- According to a bay harbor islands orthodontist, Invisalign helps correct malocclusion and straighten crooked teeth. They also treat open bites, underbites, and crossbites.
- You'll have access to any foods you desire. (If you had conventional braces, you would have to avoid chewing gum, candies, and hard foods like apples since they could break your brackets.)
- As opposed to traditional braces, you can continue brushing and flossing, keeping your mouth and teeth cleaner.
Cons of Invisalign
- Invisalign isn't a quick fix, like any braces, and the typical length of treatment is 12 months.
- Wearing the trays for most of the day and night requires serious dedication.
- You'll need to take the aligners out before eating or drinking anything and put them back immediately unless you're consuming clear, cold liquids.
- According to an orthodontist in Aventura Florida, It can be uncomfortable when wearing a new aligner for the first few days after treatment.
- Studies on whether this is the best course of action for treating overbites are conflicting.
- For the duration of their treatment, most patients will need to wear some "attachments"—tiny, teeth-colored dots that are bonded to your teeth and click into your aligners to help them perform more complex motions.
How long do Invisalign results last?
As long as you wear your retainer, your Invisalign results will last. People frequently question how long they must wear the retainer, and my response is, for as long as you want straight teeth. You'll receive a retainer if you and your dentist are satisfied with the position of your teeth to prevent them from moving.
There are several other kinds of retainers, but most patients choose Vivera, created by the same firm that makes Invisalign. For three months, you should wear your retainer every night.
We hope the above-provided information will help you learn some beneficial and valuable aspects of Invisalign treatment. For further informative details, please visit ivanovortho.com.